Serve & enjoy!
Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- Lots of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 11 pan
- Prepare the cake mix and bake following the instructions on the box. Once done baking let it cool completely.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding mixture following the instructions on the box and put it in the fridge to fully set
- Make whipped cream - This only takes about 5 minutes so leave this for the very end once the cake has cooled & the pudding has set. Using a very cold metal mixing bowl and hand mixer on medium to low setting (I usually put the mixing bowl and hand mixer attachments in the freezer while I’m getting the cake & pudding together) begin to whip the heavy cream until it has the consistency of whipped cream. You’ll know when it’s the right consistency when firm peaks form. The peaks should hold their form but still be soft. Be careful not to over mix past this point or the consistency will change and it won’t really be whipped cream anymore.
- With the mixer on the slowest setting, mix in the powdered sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Take the vanilla pudding and mix in the cream cheese and 1 cup of the whipped cream.
- Start layering - Cut the cake into squares and layer the bottom of the trifle dish, then add a layer of pudding, add a layer of berries - get creative use which ever berries you prefer - I used blueberries, then start over with another layer of cake. Once you reach the top, layer the rest of the whipped cream and top with berries - again have fun & be creative!
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.