Homemade Apple Pie
This simple homemade apple pie is so quick and easy to put together. It's the perfect fall dessert for holidays and gatherings!
- 2 store bought pie crusts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8-10 medium apples Granny Smiths, Jonagold, Honeycrisp, McIntosh
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Roll out one of the pie crust and place in the pie dish.
- Peel and cut apples.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt. Mix well.
- Pour over the apples and make sure each apple is coated. Leave a little bit of the dry mixture to the side.
- Add the lemon juice over the apples and mix in.
- Place the apples on the pie crust. You can get fancy here and try to make it pretty but I usually just pile them all in.
- Cut butter into small chunks and place over the apples.
- Sprinkle the last remaining bit of dry mixture over everything.
- Lay the second pie crust over the apples and seal the sides.
- Cut four long slits in the top pie crust.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top of the pie.
- Cover the edges of the pie so it doesn’t burn. I use this pie crust shield but if you don’t have one, use tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 425 degrees fahrenheit or until crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove the pie crust shield and bake for another 10 minutes.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.