Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree not the pumpkin pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- peanut butter chips as many as you'd like!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line or grease 24 muffin cups
- Combine butter and yogurt with an electric mixer until completely combined.
- Mix in 1 cup of the sugar and all the brown sugar.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin, mix until well combined.
- Add eggs and mix until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients. Add in the buttermilk.
- Divide batter equally into two bowls (about 4 cups each)
- In one, mix in the cocoa powder and the remaining ¼ cup sugar
- In the other bowl, add the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Toss in the peanut butter chips.
- Scoop a little bit of each batter mixture into the muffin cups. If you want use a knife to swirl the chocolate mixture and pumpkin mixture together. Add some more peanut butter chips on top if you want.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool and enjoy!
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.