This version is a healthier option with the added collagen and MCT oil than the beloved Starbucks PSL and uses real pumpkin. I know Starbucks changed up their PSL recipe to use real pumpkin but it’s still kind of questionable how much of it is “real”. I love Starbucks drinks but it’s nice to make my own version at home every now and then.
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
A healthier alternative to coffee shop PSLs!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I use almond or oat
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice & ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup to a pot and simmer on a medium heat whisking frequently. Heat until it’s hot but not at a boil - about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, collagen powder and MCT oil.
- Pour mixture into a blender (I use my Ninja 16oz cups) and blend until frothy and well mixed. Instead of a blender you can use a handheld frother too!
- Pour pumpkin spice mixture into coffee.
- Top with extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
This post is not meant to be a substitute for informed medical advice from a doctor. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.