Now that Halloween is over can we officially say it’s the Holidays?? It’s finally that time of year when New York City is filled with people from out of town. Shops are decorated and streets are filled with Holiday lights. Who can resist the city during this time of year?
It’s a great time of year to visit and there is plenty to see and do but if you are not from the area you may not be realize just how damn cold it gets here in November and December. Once that cold hits us, it is not going anywhere for a very very long time.
If you plan on visiting NYC and doing some sightseeing in the next couple of weeks, I’ve put together a list of some must have items to keep you warm while you’re out and about. I wouldn’t want you standing in front of that Rockefeller Christmas Tree trying to take pictures but you’re so cold your hands are shaking and there goes your phone crashing to the ground or even worse down into the sewers never to be seen again. That’s the stuff nightmares are made of.
1. A nice fluffy cute hat – It doesn’t matter how much hair some of us ladies have on our heads, it’s no match for 30 degree temperatures. I personally like hats that are long enough to pull over my ears.
2. Scarf – A thick warm scarf to keep your neck warm. I know most of us think of scarves as just a fashion accessory, especially plaid ones (totally basic) but they do serve a purpose and trust me you’ll want to keep your neck warm when you’re outside all day. That cold air blowing on your neck is no fun.
3. A long heavy coat – Find yourself a good one because thin little jackets are just not going to cut it here in the Winter.
4. Texting gloves – You don’t have to take these gloves off to use your phone. These are the perfect solution for snapping those pics while keeping your fingers warm.
5. Boots – Heels and flats may be cuter but your feet will freeze trust me. Look for a cute pair of riding boots or Uggs to keep your toes extra warm.
Winters here can be brutal but it is such a pretty time of year. So bundle up with the right cold weather essentials and you’ll stay warm and cozy while taking in the city lights.
Need some more cold weather essential shopping ideas?
Are you going to visit NYC or any other cold cities during the Holidays?Would you add anything else to the list?