Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. If you follow me on Instagram and Twitter, you’ll know I spent mine baking some pumpkin bread. With Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought I should try and finish up some of my unused pumpkin puree I had sitting around.
Wondering why I have unused pumpkin puree sitting around? That’s because I’ve been drinking this pumpkin smoothie nonstop.
Pumpkin season is not officially over yet folks! Thanksgiving is all about pumpkin for dessert right? So I wanted to share an easy pumpkin bread recipe you can make for your family dinners instead of the standard pumpkin pie. Plus this has chocolate chips in it – pumpkin pie doesn’t.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix until well blended
- Fold in as many chocolate ships as you'd like!
- Pour mixture in a greased bread load pan
- Top with more chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour
- Allow to fully cool and enjoy!
If you are a fan of banana bread or really any type of dessert breads then you’ll enjoy this pumpkin bread. It’s a good change from the typical pumpkin desserts but it still perfectly fits within the pumpkin themed Thanksgiving desserts.
What dish or dessert will you bring to Thanksgiving dinner?