Mornings are rough around here. I’ve always been in awe of people who wake up early and are ready to seize the day. That is just not me and never will be, I am night person through and through. Oh, how I miss the days of sleeping past noon but this whole adulting thing kind of ruined that. So to get going in the mornings, besides coffee, I need a filling breakfast. Waking up hungry and going to work hungry is no fun. I have a few go-to easy breakfasts I like to put together before I run out the door and smoothies are one of them. No matter how many smoothie recipes I put together, I always go back to the same one. It’s my best breakfast smoothie ever!
Mixed Berry Oat Smoothie
- 1 handfull frozen spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 2 tbsps organic powdered peanut butter
- 2 tbsp organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder of choce
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- Blend the spinach with a splash of the almond milk first. It helps to break down the spinach, so there are no chunks. I promise you won’t taste the spinach at all!
- Toss in everything else and blend up well.
- Pour into a cute cup, glass or mug and drink up!
I use all frozen fruits & spinach because it keeps the smoothie nice and cold. Ice doesn’t need to be added, so there is no watering down of the smoothie. The powdered peanut butter, rolled oats, & chia seeds help keep me full until lunch time. I like adding Shakeology to my smoothies for all the added vitamins and nutrients, and the vanilla flavor isn’t too strong and overpowering. You can always replace with your favorite protein or meal replacement powder.
What is your favorite type of smoothie?
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Take a look at this pumpkin pie smoothie.
This post is not meant to be a substitute for informed medical advice from a doctor. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.