Update September 2017: Well, I am now 30 and have been since May so I thought it was time I revisited this post. How did I do? Ok I guess. Some things I did accomplish, others I decided I really no longer had an interest in doing or trying. Other things, I’m still working on but that’s life right?
It’s kind of funny to look back at the things I wanted to do at 26. In some ways I still feel 26 and in other ways I’ve learned and grown so much. Who am I kidding? I still think I’m 19 at times 🙂
In the almost four years since I wrote this list, I’ve learned to stop trying to over plan. I’ve stopped with the list. I’ve learned to go with the flow more. I’m still a planner but only about more practical or important things, like finances because that’s the adult thing to do right? I will probably never write a post like this again but never say never right?
What have you learned about yourself in the last 4 years?
Originally Posted December 20, 2013
Earlier this year I turned 26 and everyone quickly pointed out to me that I’m now closer to 30 than I am to 20. Awesome right? Thanks for the reminder. Actually it doesn’t seem so bad. Getting older doesn’t bother me all that much.
Turning 26 did make me start thinking about the things I want to accomplish before 30. In no particular order here are my 30 goals before 30:
Begin a workout routine
I joined a gym, quit, and now workout at home regularly. I am absolutely healthier now than I was 4 years ago.
Travel to Europe
– didn’t exactly make it there before 30 but I did make it right after my 30th birthday
3. Throw someone a surprise party – just not the hubby he hates them
Learn to cook – I bake not cook
– Hahaha yea right I’m over wanting to cook
– The husband & I went to Montreal
for our 5th wedding anniversary
Try a juice cleanse
– after researching, I totally change my mind
Make my blog a success
I think I did? Maybe this is an ever evolving type thing?
Save more money
– I’ve become pretty financially savvy!
9. Remodel the kitchen
10. Visit my cousin in California
11. Improve my Spanish speaking skills
Grow a vegetable garden and keep it alive
– I’m so not outdoorsy so this is never going to happen. Nature and I are not friends.
Create a collage wall somewhere in the house. Upstairs hallway maybe?
Organize all of my photos into albums – I have tons!
– Done! I’ve been using Shutterfly to create my albums
15. Go scuba diving
Volunteer somewhere that helps with animals
– So I haven’t done this but I now donate to North Shore Animal League regularly
17. Learn to ice skate
Go to a beer brewery
– I’ve done this so many times now! I was really missing out before
Spend a weekend in the Hamptons and see what all the fuss is about
– eh I’m over wanting to go there
Cut certain meats out of my diet permanently – pork and beef. This is a tough one I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it
– I’ve haven’t completely cut it out but I maybe have beef every couple of months if that?
Fix up the garage
– Ha this one is a total joke, it’ll never happen
Go back to Puerto Rico – I haven’t been there in 7 years that’s way too long
– I didn’t make it back but I am going soon, fingers crossed!
23. Read Dracula – it was a free book on my Nook when I purchased it 2 years ago I’ve been wanting to read it and just never do
24. Donate blood – I don’t have a fear of needles but the idea I losing all that blood scares me
Learn to sew – seriously I can’t even sew a button back onto something
– I’ve decided to invest in a good dry cleaner/seamstress instead
26. Go to the Ben & Jerry’s factory in Vermont
27. Go vegetarian for a month
28. Step outside my comfort zone more often
29. Go to church regularly – I used to go every week but over time I’ve stopped and there’s really no excuse other than I’ve been lazy and that’s not ok
Buy a bicycle and use it
– I got one, used it for a while regularly then it’s like I forgot I had it…insert eye roll.
So there’s my list. Check back often to see updates!
Drop your email to sign up for my list of favorite clean beauty products and exclusive content.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.