Over the weekend, I experimented with a pancake recipe. I’ve never made pancakes from scratch before and was surprised when my first attempt was a success! Since they came out so good, I thought I’d share with you all.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk ( I used soy)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet instant banana oatmeal
- Chocolate chips - as many as you'd like
- With a whisk mix together the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, and brown sugar. Make sure to get rid of any clumps the brown sugar may create.
- Slowly combine dry and wet mixture. Toss in the chocolate chips.
- Over medium heat, pour pancake mixture onto a greased pan. Brown both sides & serve!
The instant oatmeal can be changed out to any flavor you prefer. I really enjoyed the banana flavor in my pancakes. I’ve never tried any other whole wheat pancake recipes and I really don’t think I have to now. That’s how much I liked the way these turned out. Next time I might try blueberry or strawberry oatmeal.
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.com